At Haven Bay Care Centre we strive to:
- Achieve excellent standards
- Respond effectively to complaints
- Resolve any issues before they culminate in a complaint
- Take a proactive method of finding out what we are doing well in the Care Centre and what needs to be improved
We create a climate where feedback is encouraged and service users feel able to comment both positively and negatively about the service we provide. The emphasis is on swift and positive resolution of complaints as close to the source as possible. Every staff member within the Care Centre, no matter what grade or level, takes responsibility for handling complaints within the guidelines.
- Please inform any member of staff of your complaint providing as much information as necessary in order to appropriately address the complaint.
- Complaints may be verbal or in writing. All complaints will be logged.
- Once a complaint is received, it will be responded to promptly and the problem will be resolved locally wherever possible.
- Immediate response to all complaints may not be possible, as some will require formal and careful consideration.
- The Director of Care co-ordinates complaints with the management. Complaints are investigated by either a Clinical Nurse Manager or Senior Staff Nurse. A written complaint received will be acknowledged within 72 hours.
- Complaints that are not resolved locally can be referred to the Director of Care or Operations Manager. Complainants are encouraged to put their complaints in writing.
- Complaints not resolved at this stage can be referred to an independent person. Her name is Maura Reilly, nurse and former nurse tutor. Contact information available from reception.
- As redress for complaints upheld, we will offer a sincere and meaningful apology, an explanation and correction of error. Learnings from complaints are collated and disseminated by the Director of Care.
- If you are not happy with this complaint outcome you may contact the Office of the Ombudsman. Please note that the Ombudsman expects you to bring your complaint to our attention first and to give us a chance to put it right. The contact details are as follows:
- The Office of the Ombudsman, 18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2
- Phone: LoCall 1890 22 30 30 or (01) 639 5600
- Email: [email protected]
- You can also make a complaint online using the online complaint form www.ombudsman.gov.ie